When you wish to create a Hotmail account today, you would have to log on to Outlook domain of Microsoft. This is the new email service that has been launched by the company. At one time it was a Windows based desktop email service that allowed one to download web based emails onto this platform. Today it has gotten a new avatar under the Live campaign. It has now been launched as a web based email service by Microsoft. What’s more, Hotmail.com has been integrated into this platform. As a result, whether you are an existing user or a new user of Hotmail, you will have to login outlook.com.
This domain offers several advantages. You can sign up for a new Hotmail account through the sign in link. When you visit the create account page, you will realize that the username can be a Hotmail address or any existing email address. If you have a Yahoo or Gmail address as well as a registered ID to Outlook.com or Xbox Live the same can be your username for the new account.
The process of sign up hotmail for a new account begins by keying in the first and last name of the user.
- The username, then needs to be typed in and the availability of the same will be verified by the Microsoft database. You need to choose a password that is at least eight characters long with alphanumeric combination.
- The password needs to be re entered and verified. Once the password is entered, one then needs to enter the country or region.
- The next steps require one to fill in particulars such as the date of birth, gender, country code and phone number. The latter is important as often a verification code is sent to the phone number as a text message which then needs to be keyed in. This is part of the two step verification process.
The last steps of create an account consist of entering a captcha code that is provided to ensure that you are a real person creating the account and not an automated software. One also needs to verify the terms and conditions before the account can be created.
Today creating a Hotmail email address on the Outlook domain brings on a host of new features. You will get new features and functions Read More…
One of the most popular free web based email service offered by Microsoft is Hotmail service. It helps people to stay connected with their friends, relatives, family members and colleagues on the intent. It is a medium used by people to send and receive emails. There have been a lot of changes made by Microsoft to the Hotmail service since its inception. The most interesting change that has taken place to Hotmail service is that it has now been changed to easy to use Outlook.com account. This has been done to offer even better, fast and reliable email service to its clients.
If you already have a Hotmail account, then you need not have to create a Outlook.com account clicking here to access your mails. You can use your Hotmail username or email address and password to access your mails through Outlook email service. The Outlook free email service from Microsoft is nothing but an upgrade service of Hotmail.
- To Hotmail login inbox account, you need to just open a new web browser and type login.live.com. You will instantly be taken to the Microsoft Outlook sign in page. You can also access this page if you type www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com in the web browser. You will be taken to the hotmail.com login page even if you go to the Hotmail site. You will find two type boxes on the right side of the Outlook.com sign in page. Move the mouse pointer on the first type box and click on it. The cursor will start to blink inside the type box. Here, you need to enter your username or the email address that you use to log in to your Hotmail account.
- Now, press the TAB button on your keyboard and move to the next type box. The cursor will be blinking in the type box just below the email address box. You should enter your password in the second type box. Make sure that you enter the exact password that you had created while opening the sign in Hotmail inbox. As the password is case sensitive, be careful about the letters and special characters you enter in the password type box. Once you are certain that you have entered the username and password correctly, you need to just click on the sign in option given below to enter the inbox of your Hotmail account.
Once you enter your Hotmail account, you can carry on with email operations in a similar fashion that you used to do in your Hotmail inbox. If you are using your personal computer or laptop to sign in to Hotmail account, then you can click on the small box next to keep me signed in option. This will help Hotmail to remember your computer and every time you visit the Hotmail sign in page you will just need to enter your password as the username will be seen automatically filled in the sign in page, if not, in this article explain the process to log with 2-steps Hotmail.com to mantein safe your account. This will save your valuable time and you can log into your Hotmail account quickly.
If you wish to login to Hotmail, today you might be in a dilemma. There are so many windows that open up and so many possibilities. Before Hotmail.com was a pioneering web email service that was launched by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. After it became sold to MSN, it started appearing under the MSN domain. You needed to find MSN home page and there you will find Hotmail login inbox – sign in hotmail link.
Different Ways To Login
Today there are various ways of logging into Hotmail account. You can look for the Hotmail domain which still stands. Besides that, you could opt for the Live mail domain. Alternately, you will be able to login through outlook.com as well. The MSN home page still stands which provides the fourth option of logging into Hotmail.
Ways To Follow
The process of logging into Hotmail is easy:
- Find a domain of your choice as per the alternatives given above
- Once you open any of these pages, the login section may be found on the right hand portion of the main page
- All you need to do is type in your username and password n order to get access to your Hotmail account
- While logging in, you could choose the option to remember you on this computer. That can be done if you are not using a shared computer.
- You could even check on the option to remember your password. That way, your password will appear as soon as you type in your username
Enhanced Security Features
In case you have forgotten your email login details there is a two step verification process:
- You will be asked the security questions you had entered at the time of registration
- You will be asked to key in your location details which are registered at the time of signing in
- If you had provided an alternate email id at the time of registration, the process of resetting your password and the link will be sent to that email ID
These are advanced security measures that have been adopted by Hotmail. Also, the login and logging out sessions are guarded by the HTTPS protocol. That ensures that your information stays safe and is not spied upon.
Changes Many But Basics Remain Same
Hotmail sign in and login process remains the same and has gained more security features today. Even if Windows Live MSN Hotmail might sound new and confusing, the basics remain the same and can be easily figured out.
Hotmail introduced the web based email services that we are so used to today. Launched in 1996, Hotmail has undergone several changes in ownership and technology changes. Today it is part of the MSN group of services and offerings for the web users and has now become known as Windows Live Hotmail. If you wish to know how the Hotmail login inbox is structured and how to access our emails, the steps are mentioned below:
- The first step to Hotmail.com login is to open the login page.
- This can be down by typing the following addresses in the browser window: mail.live.com or www.hotmail.com or home.live.com
- If the page layout looks different, do not fret as MSN keeps changing the layouts as per branding campaigns and changes that are introduced to its different services from time to time
- The sign in section will appear on the right hand side. Here you need to type in the login details
- If you own a Windows Live ID and password, type it in and click on the Sign in Hotmail button
- The Hotmail sign in page has the different options listed for the signing in process
- After your login is successful, you will see the MSN today home page or the Inbox, depending on the settings of your mail
- The Home page includes the latest news in images, articles and links. If this is not something you want to see every time you log on, you can skip it and go straight to the inbox by making the changes in your Hotmail settings
- When you are new to Hotmail, upon logging in, you will find that the unread messages are in bold and the number of unread messages is indicated by each folder
- The Inbox will have the unread and latest messages displayed on the top
- If you have not received a message you were expecting, remember to check the junk folder.
When you face problems with the Hotmail sign in page, there is a comprehensive FAQs section on troubleshooting such problems. Often you might forget your password or you are shown the message of the account being closed, which can happen if you have left the account inactive for a long time. Most of the problems and solutions to them are listed on this page for the assistance of the Hotmail users.
The process of signing up for a Hotmail account is easy. This free email service was started way back in the late nineties. At the time Hotmail was introduced it was revolutionary as it presented the first of its kind for web based mail service. Today it is still a free email service that comes with 5GB of storage space and access to the other Windows Live services. All you need to get started is an internet connection and a web browser. You can in Hotmail Sign up account by the following steps:
- You need to start the process by logging onto www.hotmail.com
- The home page of the free email service will open up
- Even if the page layout has changed, there is no reason to fret. You need to find the Sign up link and click on the same
- Today to create Hotmail account ID you will get will become your Windows Live ID. It will help you get access to other MSN services. All you need to do is fill in the sign up form to get started
- The sign up form needs to be filled in completely in order to create the Hotmail user account. There are some questions that are marked by the asterisk symbol, indicating that these fields need to be completed without which your registration will not be completed
- The first step is to choose a unique Windows ID. With the number of users in MSN platform, finding a username that is unique is often a challenge. You can take the suggestions that are offered in choosing an ID that is unique and easily remembered by you
- The next stage is to choose a password that will be strong enough. In that case, a unique combination of alpha numeric characters will complete the password selection process.
There is other information that is required in order to complete the sign up process here besides choosing the username and password. You will be asked to submit an alternate email id. This is required in case you forget your password at the time of logging in. The other details required are location and a security question. The question you choose and the answer you provide needs to be remembered by you as these details will be asked if you ever forget your password and wish to reset the same. These details will prevent your account from being hacked as well.
Hotmail is a popular web based email service. Even though it started in the late nineties, there are over three hundred million subscribers to this popular email service. At the time it was launched it freed many from the ISP based email services that most people used at that time. Today, in the market of free email services, it is one of the highly popular email service.
Easy Access To Hotmail
Hotmail.com login made it possible for the many users to log on and access their emails from anywhere else in the world. All one needed was a computer with an internet connection and a web browser. That allowed anyone to log onto Hotmail account. However, there were some concerns about the security aspects of Hotmail. It was found that Hotmail accounts were easily hacked into. That compromised the security of the email accounts of the users. It became one of the limitations of this email service. Being part of MSN portfolio of services, today MSN has taken several steps to enhance the security features of Hotmail.
Secure Login Process
The login process has enhanced security features in order to ensure a secured mailing experience for the users. The login process of Hotmail is an easy one. Here are the ways of going about it:
- You need to log onto www.hotmail.com or mail.live.com in order to access your Hotmail account. The Hotmail has become part of the Windows Live brand and it can be accessed through several domains like Live mail or utlook.com
- The main page has the sign in section on the right hand side
- Here you need to type in the username and password
- You can click on the option of remembering your password or to remember you on the computer. This option can be selected if you are the sole user of the computer
- In case you have forgotten your password, a two step verification process has been introduced. You can opt to add a cell phone number at the time of registering your account. If you have forgotten your password and wish to reset it, you can opt for a secret code to be sent to your registered cell phone. Once you verify the code, you will be given the access to reset the password. The other step is to receive a mail for resetting your password in the alternate email ID provided.
Additional Verification Layers Can Be Added
The other option is to add an additional layer of proof every time you forget your password. The existing two way verification process helps to beef up the security aspects of Hotmail.
A More Secure Hotmail Today
Today hacking of Hotmail accounts is reduced to a large extent due to additional security measures that have been introduced.
Those who are Windows users are used to using the Outlook Express program. This mail program for Windows has helped many Windows users to integrate their mail inbox and have their mails on their computer system. It has helped integrate web based email services with the internal hard drive of a computer. Today Outlook is no longer what it was. It has been moved to a web based platform.
If you look at Hotmail, this is a revolutionary web based email service that was launched in 1996. The next year, with a subscriber base of over eight million, it was sold to Microsoft. As a result, it has been under the MSN banner for many years. Today MSN is integrating most of its mail services and other products under the Windows Live brand. The Live mail program integrates Hotmail and Outlook users and brings them together in one mailing platform.
The New Look Of Hotmail
Today the Hotmail offers several new features such as:
- The security feature has been enhanced in this mail service. The HTTPS protocol will be guarding all the sessions of Hotmail for the users
- There are several free web apps of Microsoft Office that are being made accessible to Hotmail users. You will be able to edit, share and view office documents without having to download them onto your computer. The documents will be in the Hotmail cloud thus, you can view and edit documents anywhere
Features Offered By Outlook
Outlook 2014 vs Hotmail Account on the other hand, has also added on new features and interfaces for the users:
- It is optimized for use in Windows 8 as well as for mobile devices
- You can easily share mail and other features through social media sites
- Outlook has now become a free email service instead of the email program of Windows like it used to be.
Changes For MSN Users
Microsoft has become a player in the free email market by offering all its different email services under the Live platform. It has integrated the MSN Hotmail accounts as well as made Outlook a web based email service. If you have a MSN account, you will be able to access it either through Hotmail or through Live mail. The Outlook.com domain allows Hotmail users to login as well. Those who have been Hotmail users can switch to Outlook. The social media integration, customization options and unlimited storage are some of the new enhanced features of Outlook that Hotmail users can avail of.
MSN has ben making a lot of changes in its servcies lately, especially those targeted t the individual uers and accessed throguh the internet. The Windows based programs like Outlook has been changed and so has the number of mail servcies offered by the company. Today MSN Hotmail.com sign up and Outlook are all under the Windows Live Banner. If you wished to have an Outlook mail account, you van avail of the same easily by creating a universal MSN ID. If you are an existing Hotmail user, you will be able to avail of the same mail servcies by login in throguh outlook.com.
For Hotmail users several changes have taken place. This popular web based email service was existing from 1996. Since 1997 it moved into the hands of MSN. Today it is under the Windows Live brand that MSN initiated. It is now directly competing with Outlook as well which has also become a web based free email service, something that was tee forte of Hotmail. With so many choices, Hotmail users are confused as to whether they can continue using their mail service like they used to.
It is to be remembered that getting back to old Hotmail is simply a matter of changing the interface and page layout changes. You can do so by following a few simple steps:
- You need to log into Hotmail by clicking here or Outlook domain. The same can be accessed though mail.live.com as well
- Once you are on the main page, look for the login section. Using your Hotmail credentials, you will directly get admitted to your mail page
- Here you might see the MSN home page or the inbox, depending upon your mail settings. These can be changed easily as well.
- You will see several changes in the inbox as well such as People tab instead of Contacts and other changes.
- In order to get back the old interface of Hotmail that you are more familiar with, you need to click on the settings drop down list
- Here you will find the option to switch back to old Hotmail
He changes are mostly cosmetic and your mails will remain in the same folders as before. Once you are familr with the n setup, you will realize its advantages and benefits as well. The e layout offers several advanced features and convenience along with a more secured access to your mails.